Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Reunion

Saturday, April 14, 5:30 a.m.

“Mom. Mommy!”

I open my eyes. Jayden’s little face looms over me and I reach down to give him a hand up onto the bed. Once he’s up I glance at my watch. Only 5:30 a.m.

A few minutes later Justin begins to fuss in his pack and play. I silently slip out of bed and carefully cradle him in my arms. “Might as well join the crowd,” I whisper into his ear as I lay him down on the bed too.

With two wiggling boys in bed it doesn’t take long for Jason to wake up too.


“What time is it?” He whispers sleepily.

“5:30.”

“Ohh. You know we’ve only slept for 4 hours right?”

“Yeah, I know.”

“It’s probably less than 4 hours since we only arrived in St.Catharines at 1:35 a.m., but oh well.”

Snuggling under the covers my thoughts wander to the hours ahead. After 5 and half years we finally get to see Mike again. The last time we saw him was the day we got married. He was Jason’s best man. Since then, he has gotten married as well and has a little boy a few months younger than Jayden. It will be so fun to see him again and meet his family! Smiling at the thought I close my eyes and try to doze for a few more minutes.











No comments:

Post a Comment