Saturday, August 16, 2014

A Time of Transitioning

July 30, 2014 
4:00 a.m., Chilliwack, B.C. 
Beep, beep, beep; the alarm clock sounds and I sleepily roll over. Other than the glowing numbers boldly announcing the time, everything is dark. Today marks our final morning in Canada. 

Unable to fully wrap my mind around the changes we once again face, I start the day with prayer. My Father in heaven knows everything, even when I can't describe the emotions I feel or adequately express them in words. 

As I pray I am reminded that He who changes not is also everywhere present; in this dark room with me, in the vehicle as we drive to the airport, in the airplane as we fly across North America, in Florida, and in Haiti where our temporary home is waiting for us. 

Knowing this, gives me peace. 

Psalm 62:8 a verse that has become dear to me in this past year states: Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah

45 minutes later the kids are awake and dressed; the suitcases, cary on, strollers and backpacks are loaded and we are on our way to the Vancouver International Airport. I gaze out the window as the sun rises, casting it's first tendrils of light over a dark world. Somehow, I feel ready to go. 

12:00 p.m. 
Phoenix, Arizona 
Together with Lydia, our travel companion, we've landed safely in Phoenix and are now waiting for our flight to Florida. I watch as Jayden works on a puzzle,


Justin plays with his cars and trains,


and Alexander naps in his carseat.


Even though they are in various stages of their young lives, they've all travelled well so far. Traveling from place to place is definitely not a foreign concept to these three.

July 31 
Florida 
As we transition between two very different worlds, we're kept busy by various therapy appointments and last minute shopping. In the meantime the boys enjoy carefree days swimming in the pool and ocean and romping on the beach.







Lydia is a great help during this time!


With her around we also have the opportunity to get an updated family picture taken.


Getting a good picture of these three monkeys is never an easy task!


At night we go outside and watch the sun set over the ocean. Every night, the sunsets are unique and remarkable.






The ever changing, beautiful sky reminds me of the words of Psalm 8:1, 3 &4 O Lord, our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens. When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
How amazing that such a great God, who designed the brilliant sunsets, is mindful of us and cares about every small detail of our lives.  But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. (Luke 12:7a)

No comments:

Post a Comment