Monday, February 27, 2012

Patiently Waiting

Fluffy white snowflakes drift downward and I can’t tear my gaze from the window. In Job 38 it talks about God’s treasury of snow, and scientists have since then discovered the unique symmetrical pattern of each snowflake. God’s intricate creation. How beautiful.

A man coughs beside me, breaking into my reverie, and for a moment I pull my gaze from the window. Although not crowded, the Doctor’s office is busy, and I take a moment to study those around me. When my eyes land on a man wearing shorts, I smile. I’m pretty sure it’s only in Canada that people still wear shorts when it’s snowing!

“Wilhelmina.” I look up to see a nurse beckoning to me.

Wrapping my winter coat snugly around my burgeoning tummy, I make my way to the back.

“Still no baby?” She teases.

“Nope.”

It’s Friday and I’m already four days overdue. Patience has never been my strong point, and I feel God has been giving me many opportunities to practice this last week! Not only is baby overdue, everywhere I’ve gone this week has resulted in me having to wait. Today is no exception, and after getting my weight recorded, I’m once again given the opportunity to practice patience as I wait for an hour in the exam room for the Doctor.

As I sit I mentally rehearse my memory verse for this week; ‘But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.” Romans 8:25

Patiently waiting. Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Praying things go well when your baby does decide to come!! I'm excited for this new addition to your family! :)
    -Kate Westrate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping by now the baby has arrived & can hardly wait to read all about his/her arrival :) Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete