Thursday, August 26, 2010

Blessed Cargo

Sweat poured down my face as I loaded the aircraft in the hot summer sun. My shirt was already drenched with sweat, and I was 30 minutes behind schedule! As I looked at the boxes we were loading into the airplane, I began to wonder how many lives might be touched by this precious cargo - 800 lbs of Haitian Creole Bibles! Shortly after the earthquake Bibles became increasingly expensive and difficult to find as the demand for them soared, and the damaged factory was unable to produce. I smiled as I began to think of the joy hundreds of Haitians would receive from these Bibles.


Once I was loaded, I made the 45 minute flight up to Port de Paix, where these Bibles would be distributed through an organization called Crossroads. I glanced down at the beautiful coastline below as I descended towards the airstrip, and was once again reminded how exciting it is to be an MAF pilot!


Your continued prayer and support made this flight possible!

1 comment:

  1. It is our hope that the Lord would bless the reading of God's Word to the many souls there.

    ReplyDelete