Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Winter!

Hi, my name is Jayden and I'm two. It's winter time, but I'm not exactly sure what that means. I still can run around outside in my t-shirt and shorts and Mommy still puts the fan on for me whenever I go to sleep. Back in Canada, where we are from, they have snow, but I'm not really sure what snow is. To help me understand what it looks like Mommy and Auntie Dana put all this white cotton stuff around our house. I think they got a little carried away. People don't really walk around with snow on their faces, do they?



They tried to tape some on my chin, but it was itchy so I pulled it off. Another day Auntie Dana came over and Mommy and her decided to make gingerbread houses with snow. That morning I helped Mom "grind cloves" since she only had whole cloves. It was fun, but I did make a big mess!


That night Mommy said I didn't have to go to bed and that I could help build the house. My main task was eating the candies off the house that Mommy, Daddy and Auntie Dana put on. That was lots of fun!


I liked the gingerbread men and ladies that we made for the house too.




Daddy is the best gingerbread house decorator in the world! While Auntie Dana took pictures and Mommy was trying to get me to smile, he did ALL the work!



Mommy said that the white stuff on the house was snow and when I tasted it, it was good!



So apparently snow is itchy and sweet!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this is so cute! I can't believe Jayden can spell and type so well at his age too... ;-) Last night was so much fun with you and the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winter in Haiti :) At least Jayden will have a vauge idea of what snow is supposed to 'look' like :D

    ♥ Henrietta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Jay I guess I've taught you good with making all those gingerbread houses over the last 20 years or so. Didn't think it would go over to the next generation. Well done, at least Jayden didn't eat off all the candies before you took the pics. Sorry Jayden but snow is not sweet and itchy. I wish I could bring some over in 2 days. Kaylie was playing in the snow and had a slid ride. We will try to skype you again and show Jayden the snow. Looking forward to seeing you in 2 days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you sure made yourselves a delicious mess! Yummy! Too bad we can't send you a package of real snow...!

    ReplyDelete