Monday, March 9, 2009

In the air again!



Excitement rushed through my blood as i stepped into the Cessna 207 along with MAF Pilot Will White. I am finally doing what God has called us here to do! After all the years of training, preparation, and language school I am finally in the cockpit of an MAF airplane. Before I am able to begin flying on my own I need to get checked out on all of the operational airstrips here in Haiti, so I have been spending the last few days flying into little villages such as Jacmel, Hinche, Pignon, and the Island of La Gonave. As we fly over the open ocean to La Gonave, I gazed below at the beautiful blue ocean with the coral reefs hugging the coastline. I spotted some small rowboats below and couldn't help wonder how many hours of rowing it must take to get to the mainland! It is amazing to see first hand the impact that MAF is having on the ministry and missions in Haiti. From bringing work teams into Hinche and missionaries into La Gonave I was not only thrilled by the awesome feeling of flying again, but also encouraged by effectiveness and importance of MAF's work here in Haiti.





To view more photos of my daily flying routine go to http://picasaweb.google.com/jwkrul/FlyingInHaiti

3 comments:

  1. nice pictures jay and will.... we tried to look at all of them, but it takes too long. sounds like you are sure glad to be "behind the wheel" again. except a plane doesn't have a wheel of course, but you know what I mean! take care.... love Ron, anita, gemma and carlye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey gloria
    how was ur trip? we're thinking of you here in the store. all the customers miss you. are you having a good time?
    luv short kim

    ReplyDelete