Monday, January 12, 2015

Five Years

I sat behind my computer for 15 minutes trying to put my thoughts and feelings into words  as we remember the horrific earthquake that shook Port au Prince 5 years ago today.  

I really am at a loss for words. The only thing that kept coming to mind were the words of Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. 

Below is a replica of a blog I posted one year after the quake:



HE IS COMING AGAIN

There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven. Luke 21:11


In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. John 16:33


For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. John 3:16-17


And call upon me in the day of trouble, I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me. Psalm 50:15


For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.1 Corinthians 13:12


Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. Matthew 24:35


and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Matthew 28:20
He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. Revelations 22:20

No comments:

Post a Comment