Thursday, May 17, 2012

Contentment

A soft breeze blows through the cream coloured curtains and for a moment I look up. 


Through the kitchen window acres of grassy fields stretch out for miles ending at the foot of blue green mountains. 


In front of our new, temporary home, pink flowers are in full bloom, their sweet aroma wafting in through the open windows. 


Sighing with contentment I turn back to my cutting board. My sharp paring knife makes quick work of carrots, leeks, green onions, yellow and green peppers and cauliflower; perfect for a tomato vegetable soup. 

Several feet away in the living room Jayden is building airplanes out of lego while Justin dozes in his bassinet in the master bedroom. Although our little place is small, I couldn’t be happier. 

If these last four years with MAF have taught me anything, it is to appreciate the little things. 

Agur prays in Proverbs 30, “Give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me,” and I’ve learned the wisdom of this request over the years. 

God has always provided just enough and my heart is filled with thankfulness to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment