Thursday, November 5, 2009

My Monkey!

Dear Grandma and Grandpa!

I just wanted to tell you about my monkey. You see, I have this little monkey that I love to play with and yes, his name is Monkey! I take him everywhere, to church, visiting, to the grocery store and to bed!

I'd like to take him in the bath too, but every now and then Mom has a special bath for him where she washes him with soap and hangs him on the line to dry. For the rest she says it's better if he doesn't get wet.

Well, I love to ride the bike that you gave me for my birthday, but monkey kept falling off.

I let him sit up front and he would fall off.

I'd let him sit on the back, and he'd fall off.

I even tried to hold him with my one hand, but I couldn't steer very well with one hand and the monkey would still fall of the bike and get big owies!

Mommy thought and thought about what she could do for the monkey and finally she came up with an idea.

Now the monkey has his very own seat!

I can take him with me on bike rides now, and the best thing is, is that I don't have to worry about him falling off! I just wanted to tell you because I'm so excited about it!

I love you!

Jayden & Monkey

2 comments:

  1. Dear Jayden:
    I'm so glad that your mommy found a basket for your monkey, and that he can ride where every you go and I do suspect that your riding is probably pretty rough, so no wonder that monkey always falls off. But I have a better solution. Hopefully when you and your mom come in April then grandma will buy you a really basket that fits in front of your bike. Happy riding and don't be toooo rough for monkey. Love you lots and miss you. Lots of hugs and kisses from grandpa and grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jayden,
    Well it looks like the best place for your monkey to be when you are on your bike is in that basket, otherwise he gets squished and bumbled around :( poor lil' monkey... well i hope he is happy now, Do you remeber when Esther came out, the song I sang in the car with you and your monkey? Do you ever sing that one to him any more... because I think he really loved that song because he was always laughing and giggling about it. Well have fun with monkey, and hopefully he doesn't get to roughed up.
    Love you lots !!
    Auntie Esther

    ReplyDelete